Select one of the questions below to jump to the answer
Do you have to become a member of the Waterford Chamber to become a member of the network?
- Waterford Chamber is the promoting organisation for Waterford Chamber Skillnet and while it is not necessary to be a member of Waterford Chamber to avail of Skillnet training it is advisable to talk with a Lynda Lawton to hear the benefits of membership – 051 872639.
- Waterford Chamber Skillnet is open to any business in the South East region that has an interest in up-skilling their employees and benefiting from networking with other companies in the region.
Is there a membership fee involved?
- Companies should contact Sara to discuss training and play an active role in identifying training needs, this assists us in booking and promoting courses relevant to your business and others.
- Companies can also book training on a course by course basis.
How much does each course cost?
- Fees vary depending on the costs of the provider. We always offer a minimum of 25% funding off the costs of open courses.
- You can email email@example.com to request a schedule of planned training, with relevant course fees.
Is there any eligibility criteria for my business to access training?
- Your business must be a private enterprise.
- Your business can be any size or sector to access training.
- We can work with business outside of Wateford and the South East, just contact us.
- A member of our network can also access funding from other Skillnet networks.
Who decides what training programmes run?
- You do, as a member of our network you assist us in defining what programmes will run and it is the job of the Network Manager to source the appropriate trainer providers for programmes. This is done through our open tender process.
- By engaging with us your company can help us to understand your companies training needs and we can source trainers that will tailor specific courses around your requirements if the “off the shelf” courses aren’t specific or relevant enough.
The courses I want for my staff are not on your website or listed in the Training Needs Analysis, can you help?
- Yes, just let us know what you need and we can discuss options for sourcing the required training.
We want to develop our own tailored programme, can you help?
- Yes, we can work with you to source the right providers to design and deliver a tailored programme specific to your company needs.
Our company is part of a larger group that represents our Industry/Sector. Can we work with Skillnet?
- Yes, cluster groups and forums are ideal for generating shared training requirements. The more participation from members the better chance of us delivering training which is both relevant to your needs and significantly cheaper than sourced elsewhere.
We want to develop a programme specific to our industry for which we feel there is significant demand, is there funding available?
- Yes, there are several funding options available, which are accessed during our application process, which takes place from September through October. Companies should discuss these requirements well in advance of a network seeking funding as this funding will not be made available after the closing of our application period.
How much grant aid would our Company be entitled to?
- For an in-company course, grant-aid is provided at 15%. For open courses, grant aid is provided at 25%.
Why are there different funding rates?
- The Skillnet ethos is to promote collaboration, networking and economies of scale, allowing business to connect and learn from others. Companies that promote this through sharing their training receive 25% funding.
I’m unemployed. Can I apply for your courses?
- Yes, if you are registered on the live register as a jobseeker you can contact us to discuss availability. Certain terms and conditions apply, please refer to the job-seekers section on www.skillnets.ie for more information.
Ask Waterford Chamber Skillnet a question.
Ask A Question
Please note Waterford Chamber Skillnet has a Payments and Cancellation Policy.
- Invoice will issue on commencement of training and payment to be made within 30 days of issuance.
- Due to the nature of some courses, full Payment may be required upon booking in order to ensure your place.
Forms of Payment:
- Cheque / Postal Order
- All major credit/debit cards accepted
- Electronic transfer (please see Invoice for Bank Details).
- Companies may substitute participants at any time prior to the start of the course without penalty.
Cancellations must be made in writing (letter or email) and reach the event organiser prior to the start of a course subject to the following:
- 10% of the full course fee will be charged on cancellations received up to 15 working days of the start date.
- 50% of the full course fee will be charged on cancellations received between 14 and 6 working days of the start date.
- Regrettably no refunds / cancellations can be made 5 working days before the start date of the course.
- Course / Venue Alterations
Waterford Chamber Skillnet reserves the right to alter the contents of any course or the programme specialists and / or the venue(s) due to circumstances beyond its control.
- Waterford Chamber Skillnet is not responsible for covering travel, accommodation and incidental costs incurred by the participants.
- The Waterford Chamber Skillnet is committed to delivering local high caliber training which is both affordable and grant aided through the Training Networks Programme. We work with local businesses in Business Services, Finance, ICT, Healthcare, Law,
- Manufacturing, Medical Device & Pharmaceutical industries and meet their needs through combined training solutions, Expert Briefs, Conferences, Seminars and forums such as the South East Lean Forum.
The Waterford Chamber Skillnet has been working with local businesses since 2001 and is dedicated to providing reliability, responsiveness and quality. Inquire with us on how to become a member.