Our courses are designed to help staff to develop their own Emotional Intelligence, explore their own real-life situations using EI tips and boost team performance.
Working effectively with all the different and difficult types of people in the workplace-from co-workers to customers to suppliers to higher-ups-isn’t easy.
Success hinges on the ability of your employees to manage their emotions and the emotions of others to avoid miscommunications, resolve conflicts, reach consensus, build a cohesive work environment and get things done.
- A clear understanding of how working relationships can be improved
- An insight into the emotions which shape their own and others’ behaviours
- The ability to control and deal with their emotions
- The skills to read and respond effectively to the emotions of others
- An understanding of how to build emphatic relationships with others
TOPIC 1: WHAT IS EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE?
- Defining Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- EI Core competencies and benefits
TOPIC 2: BUILDING YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- Self-Assessment – your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Importance of self-awareness for development
- Your emotional responses and their impact on others
- How feedback can help to make us more self-aware
TOPIC 3: HOW TO RESPOND TO OTHERS’ EMOTIONS
- Cultivating awareness of others’ emotions
- Building rapport with a broad range of people
- Managing and engaging emotions within your team
- Building emphatic relationships
TOPIC 4: WHY RELATIONSHIPS SUCCEED OR FAIL
- Building and managing internal and external relationships
- Communicating with and influencing others for enhanced results
- Managing conflicts with others – including feedback and difficult conversations
- Developing others using emotional coaching
This program is delivered by DCM
- Managing with Emotional Intelligence
2nd July 2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Venue: Online / Remote
This event is being hosted online