This course is aimed at staff that act in a supervisory or managerial capacity that wish to improve their ability to recognize and deal with conflict in their organisation. Staff that routinely deal with grievance procedures, such as Human Resources, who wish to understand how to use mediation effectively.
To provide factual information for attendees, to ensure understanding of how and when to apply these facts, and to indicate how this knowledge can then used to plan, monitor and revise goal-directed activity.
- An overview of alternative disputes resolution processes in general and mediation in particular
- An understanding of the legal basis for workplace and commercial mediation in Ireland, including the Mediation Act 2017
- A theoretical understanding of conflict and practical tools to manage conflict in your workplace
- Introduction to mediation skills; effective listening and questioning
- How workplace mediation can be an effective tool to address productivity issues and mitigate the risk and costs of litigation
This 2 day course will run on the 15th and 22nd of May
- Mediation Skills for Managers
15th May 2019 - 22nd May 2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm