Microsoft Excel is by far the most popular spreadsheet application in use today. Its uses span all sectors within business, industry or academia. At the end of the course participants will have a solid knowledge of how to set-up and manipulate data within Excel. This introductory level is important for anyone who wishes to go on to Intermediate and Advanced level at a later time.
- A first look at the Excel environment
- Understanding the difference between a spreadhseet and a database within Excel
- Entering data into Excel
- Manipulating Rows and Columns of data
- Changing data, copying or moving data within a spreadsheet or between spreadhseets
- Formatting a spreadsheet, including text formatting, cell formatting, borders, alignment and font
- Creating basic formulas using mathematical symbols
- Understanding and using the AutoSUM functions.
- Understanding the difference between Relative and Absolute cell referencing
- Page layout and preparing data for printing
- Creating Headers and Footers within Excel
- Freezing rows and columns
- Creating basic charts from data
- Saving a spreadsheet in various formats
- Creating Pie, Column, Line, and Mixed charts
- Quick sorting in ascending and descending order
- Multilevel sorting by more than one field
- Retrieving records using autofilter, custom and advanced filters
* Items not listed above are covered at a higher level, i.e. Intermediate and Advanced.
Participants on this course should have some familiarity with using a PC, keyboard and mouse. The class is designed for those who have little or no knowledge of Excel or who have only been working on inputting data into a standard Excel spreadsheet.
- 9th October 2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Venue: Sun Life Financial
Established in 1998, the Sun Life Financial office in Waterford, Ireland has proven to be very successful, employing 310 people (at December 31, 2014) in the areas of software development, business administration including multilingual support for South America and the Middle East International business and Service Desk technical support. Our success stems from our talent and our commitment to developing and supporting our people. Sun Life understands that every company is only as good as its people.