This Guarding Security Skills programme is a 21-day blended learning course aimed at providing learners with the concepts, knowledge and skills required to work in the Static and Retail Security Industry.
This programme will be delivered through a blended learning approach; via the SSI’s (Security Institute of Ireland) e-Learning platform, and in classroom training, both delivered by ProSecure Training.
Successful completion of this comprehensive programme leads to:
- QQI Minor Award in Guarding Skills at Level 4
- Security Institute of Ireland Certificate in Static Security
- Security Institute of Ireland Certificate in Retail Security
- Prosecure Manual Handling Certificate
- Prosecure Warden Certificate
• Spaces are free of charge for eligible Skills Connect unemployed and under employed applicants;
( https://www.skillnetireland.ie/about/developing-your-skills/developing-irelands-future-workforce/ )
- English Language Assessment
Acceptance onto this programme is only confirmed once each applicant has successfully passed the mandatory English Language Assessment as required by the Security Institute of Ireland.
Programme applicants must be proficient in the English Language. Each learner will be required to attend a classroom setting (in line with all COVID health and safety guidelines) to complete the assessment which will include:
- Writing 100 words on a subject given to the learner by the tutor.
- Read out loud a paragraph from the security manual.
- Listen to the reading of a report and take notes, use the notes to answer questions about the report.
- Show understanding by matching the first part of a sentence with its corresponding part.
2. Applicants must bring the following items with them on the day of the English Assessment (Monday September 20th) :
a. Proof of identification, any one of the following;
- Current driving licence
- Current Passport
- Garda age card
- Dept social protection card
- Current PSA card (if out of date)
b. Proof of address, any one of the following;
- Utility bill (dated within previous 6 months)
- Bank statement (dated within previous 6 months)
- Document issued by a government department/agency (dated within previous 12 months)
- Letter from PSA contractor (dated within previous 1 month if you have a current offer of employment)
PSA Licence Application – important information:
- Waterford Chamber Skillnet include the cost of PSA Application on this programme.
- Prior to submitting for PSA Licence, applicants who successfully pass the English Language Assessment will be required to provide proof of Foreign Criminal Record Certificate if they have spent six months or more in another jurisdiction/country since the age of 15.
- This process incurs a cost which IS NOT covered by Waterford Chamber Skillnet.
- Please note, PSA The Authority will exercise its discretion when deciding whether to issue a licence to a person who has a criminal record. Each application will be decided according to these guidelines and against such other criteria as the Authority deems relevant to an application. A person with conviction(s) will not always be prohibited from holding a licence. Full details will be provided on Monday September 20th.
The course will be delivered by a combination of on-line ZOOM sessions and an on-line learning platform which includes a security manual.
- Monday 20th September – 2 hr in classroom for course registration
- Wednesday 22nd September – ZOOM session
- Thursday 23rd September – ZOOM session
- Tuesday 28th September – ZOOM session
- Wednesday 29th September – ZOOM session
- Monday 4th October– ZOOM session
- Tuesday 5th October – ZOOM session
- Wednesday 6th October – ZOOM session
- Thursday 7th October – ZOOM session
- Monday 11th October – Classroom for security course assessments
- Tuesday 12th October – Classroom for manual handling and fire warden assessments
- Ensure you have read and understand all entry requirements stated above, in particular the English Language Assessment and Criminal Record (domestic and foreign) requirements.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria as explained at this link: https://www.skillnetireland.ie/about/developing-your-skills/developing-irelands-future-workforce/#eligibility-criteria
- Ensure you are available to attend ALL training dates.
- Ensure you have access to a laptop and/or PC for the online classes. A mobile phone devise will not be satisfactory for this training.
- You are required to follow all COVID guidelines when attending in person classroom sessions. This will include adhering to all onsite protocols: ie social distancing, regular use of hand sanitiser, and face mask if required. Full update of guidelines will be provided closer to the time.
PLEASE NOTE – places will only be confirmed once English Language Assessments have been completed and assessed, and all other entry requirements have been satisfied.
On completion of registration and induction learners will then be given access to the e-learning platform including videos and mock assessments to complete their studies over a 21-day period through classroom setting and ZOOM online classes.
**Work Placement will be provided on this programme.
This programme is 100% funded for eligible unemployed / under-employed individuals through Skills Connect.
Please contact Kelly Cummins – email@example.com if you have any queries relating to this programme.
- QQI Level 4 - Guarding Skills: Static and Retail Security (Information Session/Registration)
20th September 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Venue: Blended Delivery