This programme trains people to operate computerised payroll and book keeping systems. It gives participants the skills required to set up and manage such systems within SME companies, or work within the accounts/payroll department of a large company.
The course encompasses all the requirements of the typical accounts/payroll department, and is particularly relevant to people seeking employment in established companies; the vast majority of which now operate computerised systems.
- Explain the key terminology associated with personal taxation in preparing and maintaining payroll records both manually and on the computer.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of a computerised system over a manual one for payroll processing purposes.
- Process the payroll for employee(s), using manual and computerised systems, under the cumulative tax system, to include; various elements of gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, cut-off points, credits, all statutory and non-statutory deductions.
- Process the payroll for employee(s), under the emergency and temporary tax systems and subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system.
- Demonstrate the changes in personal tax due to various factors to include; mid-year commencement and leaving of employment, changes in credits, refunds.
- Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary mid-year and year end tax forms for employees.
- Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary end-of-period and year end returns and tax forms for the Revenue Commissioners.
- Assess the effect of using alternative assessment methods to calculate the annual tax liability of married couples
- Analyse the impact of changes in legislation on personal tax and take-home pay by comparing two tax years.
- Print a selection of reports after backing up computerised data on a suitable medium.
Those who satisfy the required criteria will be awarded a QQI Level 5, Component Certificate for Payroll Manual and Computerised (5N1546).
COST / INVESTMENT
This course is free to eligible jobseekers as it is 100% EAP funded.
‘Attendees’ must have a desktop computer, laptop or tablet with both a microphone and camera as the entire programme will be delivered online.
Kelly Cummins – email@example.com
- 6th July 2020
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- 9th July 2020
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|Free Ticketshow details +||€0.00 (EUR)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: 25th May 2020 10:22 am
Sales End: 24th June 2020 11:59 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
Venue: Online / Remote
This event is being hosted online