Quality & Compliance
October 6, 2022 - October 13, 2022
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Quality and Compliance Training
About this event
This two day training programme will run on 6th and 13th October online, in collaboration with Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet.
Introduction to the programme :
Businesses today are continually challenged to provide products and services with more features, at a lower cost, and with rapid customer response times. Quality concepts and tools are continually evolving to meet the requirements of managing a successful business in a rapidly changing world.
The ISO 9000 family addresses “Quality management”. “Quality Management” means what the organisation does to fulfil:
• The customer’s quality requirements, and
• Applicable regulatory requirements, while aiming to Enhance customer satisfaction, and Achieve continual improvement of its performance in pursuit of these objectives.
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with an understanding of the importance of quality management as a tool for business improvement and will emphasise the benefits and flexibility of this standard for all types of organisations.
In addition, every company, regardless of size, industry or location, is required by law to at some point to demonstrate to governing regulators a safe, healthy, environmentally sound and sustainable working environment for its employees.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
• Define “quality”.
• Explain the purpose and intent of the ISO 9000 series of standards.
• Describe the ISO 9001:2015 requirements and the concepts of quality management and the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
• Understand commonly used quality management terms and definitions.
• Understand their own QMS.
• Understand the concept of control of documented information.
• Have a knowledge of management systems through the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle.
• Understand the concepts of customer care.
• Demonstrate continual improvement within a quality management system.
• Appreciate how to undertake quality initiatives.
• Define “compliance”.
• Understand the role of key regulatory bodies.
• Improve performance by using compliance strategically to reach business objectives.
• Appreciate the benefits of integrating compliance with business strategy.
• Understand the roadblocks to creating a compliance culture
• Quantify the benefits of being compliant.
• Appreciate the consequences of non-compliance.
• Start a compliance journey in their own organization.
• Learn how to maintain momentum on their compliance journey
What will I learn?
The programme covers the following topics:
• How to define “quality”
• The purpose and benefits of quality system standards
• The 7 Quality Principles, Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) and Continual Improvement cycles
• Brief overview of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
• Overview of their own QMS including its documentation
• Understand the concepts of customer care
• Understand the control of documented information
• Demonstrating quality improvement
• Quality function deployment
• How to define “compliance”.
• Understanding the role of key regulatory bodies such as the HSA, EPA, Fisheries Board and local authorities.
• Improving performance by using compliance strategically to reach business objectives.
• The benefits of integrating compliance with business strategy.
• Roadblocks to creating a compliance culture
• Compliance – what’s involved?
• Benefits of being compliant.
• Consequences of non-compliance.
• Compliance – what’s involved?
• Traditional approaches to compliance.
• The modern approach – stages in the compliance journey – ISO 37301:2021 Compliance management systems — requirements with guidance for use.
• How to start a compliance journey in your organization.
• How to maintain momentum on your compliance journey
Dates & Times
6th & 13th October – 9.00am-5.00pm each day.
Venue: Online Training
This training programme will take place live online.