April 28, 2022
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
We are delighted to bring you this FREE workshop facilitated by Sustineo and in collaboration with Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet.
At the end of this course you will understand what sort of areas might be material to your sustainability journey, and what information you will need to collate to carry out a comprehensive sustainability audit. In particular you will:
1. Understand some of the approaches businesses are taking to sustainability (we provide a simple 3 step process)
2. Develop a materiality matrix such that you better understand what you should be including in your sustainability planning
3. Learn some key terms and where themes like circular economy and climate action will fit it to your planning
4. Know what data you will need to collate for the purpose of management reviews and external reports
5. Know what supports are available
Sustainability is no longer a nice to have, it is now a necessity for businesses. Engaging the topic of sustainability successfully means your business can:
- Build business resilience and increase competitiveness
- Drive innovation and transform business practices
- Build credibility and reputation (investor confidence, buyer specifications, brand enhancement)
- Influence and prepare for shifts in public policy
Raoul Empey is a certified trainer and managing director of Sustineo. He is also a Climate Reality Leader, a registered energy auditor and a chartered engineer, and set up Sustineo in 2011 to support organisations wishing to address the climate crisis. Specialising in carbon and energy reduction, Sustineo supports many companies under various sustainability programmes including those by SEAI, Enterprise Ireland, the Local Enterprise Offices and Bord Bia’s Origin Green programme.