Do you have to become a member of Waterford Chamber to access funding from Waterford Chamber Skillnet?
Waterford Chamber is the contracting organisation for Waterford Chamber Skillnet but it is not necessary to be a member of Waterford Chamber to avail of Skillnet training.
Do you have to have a certain amount of employees to train with Waterford Chamber Skillnet?
No, Any size or sector business can access Waterford Chamber Skillnet training courses.
Who decides what training programmes run?
Our network companies dictate the programmes that will run. The Network Manager aims to understand your company’s training needs and we source the best trainers that will build specific, cost effective and relevant courses.
Is there a membership fee involved?
No, Waterford Chamber Skillnet does not have a membership fee. Companies are requested to fill out a training plan at the start of each year based on their training requirements. Companies may book training on a course by course basis.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Booking subject to max 2% non-refundable fee (inclusive in price).
- Full payment of the course fee will be required in advance of booking, to secure spaces on any Waterford Chamber Skillnet training courses.
- 15% of the full course fee will be charged on cancellations received up to 15 working days of the start date.
- 50% of the full course fee will be charged on cancellations received between 14 and 6 working days of the start date.
- Regrettably no refunds / cancellations can be made 5 working days before the start date of the course.
- In the event of a no show on the day of training the company will be charged 100% of the course fee.
Are there any restrictions on the type of company that can join a training network?
Only private sector or commercial semi-state enterprises can avail of training through a Skillnet training network.
The following cannot avail of training with Waterford Chamber Skillnet:
- Public sector organisations
- Charity or Not-for-Profit Organisations
- Companies based outside the Republic of Ireland